Wednesday, March 9, 2011

KFC Workday THIS Saturday

Hey everyone,

Back in the fall a small discussion began about having a spring KFC workday with people from HCOC to spruce up the ever-depreciating Kats for Christ building. I confess my constant struggle to remain organized, on top of things, and zealous for following through with my great and wonderful plans. Because of this and my propensity to hang out with last-minute college students, I am only now communicating that, HEY SURPRISE, we are having that KFC workday this Saturday, March 12th starting at 8am.

Recognizing this is a fairly major undertaking, I hope we can get the help we need to make this a successful endeavor. Service together always unites people in fun, unexpected ways. I imagine God bringing our campus ministry a little closer to our congregation this Saturday! Right now we have right at 15 students (if you include me) giving up some of their spring break for this KFC workday. I am anticipating that number of students increasing tonight at class.

Can you help us if you are available? Skilled labor of any kind is very much appreciated, especially with painting, plumbing, cabinets. We could use your expertise and/or your resources. Below are our plans and some of our needs. Let me know if you can help even with one thing.

Plan:
Here is the broad plan inside the KFC: paint the inside of the KFC; in the bathrooms, install two new vanities and faucets, take out stalls and one toilet, replace floor tiles; install kitchen faucet; repair minor leak in another kitchen sink; install two upper kitchen cabinets.
Here is the broad plan outside the KFC: rake/bag leaves; plant grass where back flower bed is; weed/trim/fix front flower beds.

Items Needed:
We will be purchasing some of these items if needed. There may be more unanticipated items too. Here is the list: paint brushes, paint rags, rollers, roller extensions, plastic drop clothes, scaffolding, plumbing tools, notch trowel, knives to cut vinyl flooring, gloves, rakes, shovels, spades, leaf blower, hammers, saws all, and drill motor.

If you have any of these items that we could use this weekend, let me know. I will respond late tonight or early tomorrow since I am out of pocket this afternoon. It would be best to bring these items to the KFC at some point before Saturday. Be sure to mark your items with your name. If you would like to help with the cost of any of these items, you can certainly do that by making a donation to the KFC Fund. Talk to the church office if you are interested.

I truly appreciate your willingness to help out our campus ministry. The students are really excited about making their home a little more homey. I look forward to hearing from you.

In His service,

No comments:

Post a Comment